He was one of seven men to withdraw on Tuesday but was back on court yesterday alongside unrelated doubles partner Marc López.
Feliciano did receive treatment yesterday as the 11th-seeded Spaniards lost 3-6, 7-6, 6-2, 6-4 against Australia’s Matt Reid and John-Patrick Smith. Britain’s Heather Watson said she believed that some players with injuries were turning up just to access the £35,000 paid to first-round losers.
Could Johanna Konta be ready to end Britain’s 40-year wait for a ladies’ singles Wimbledon champion?
It is a lofty goal for the 26-year-old but one that many feel is within her grasp.
The controversy over players pulling out of first-round matches at Wimbledon due to injury has deepened after Spain’s Feliciano López competed in a doubles match 24 hours after withdrawing from his singles contest.
López, the 19th seed, cited a foot injury after retiring against France’s Adrian Mannarino.
But the pair then broke up, before Kuehne met his second wife Andy, who he married in 2011.
On the matter, the 37-year-old said she is simply focusing on her tennis career and sister Serena's wedding to Alexis Ohanian.Victory over Caroline Wozniacki in the Miami Masters final was undoubtedly the highlight of Konta’s career so far but was followed by a frustrating run during the European clay court season, punctuated by the controversial abuse she suffered during a Fed Cup tie in Romania.